3.Any buring software preferable Alcohol and Nero
4.Very important (Ps2Builder)
HOW TO CREATE A ULAUNCHELF CD,
5.Gamesaves(saved ps2 games)
WHAT YOU NEED
AFTER DOWNLOADING SAVED GAMES FROM GAMEFAQS>COM
I’ll use Gran Turismo 4 (PAL) save as an example here.
1) Use PS2 Save Builder to open the save file you obtained
2) Select all the files on the left hand side of the program, right click and select on “Extract”
3) Create a folder with the same name as the game ID (in this case, it’s the first file in the list, BESCES-51719GAMEDATA (everything after the “B” could be different, depending on the game and which region the game came from, but this file should be really easy to find), then click on OK (the filename will say “not used”, don’t worry about that)
4) Open the folder you just extracted the files to, if you did it correctly this is what you should see:
5) Copy the FOLDER (not just the files) to your USB flash
6) Load uLaunchELF on your PS2, browse to your USB flash (under mass:/). Locate the folder you just copied, then press R1 and select “Copy” to copy the entire folder
7) Browse to your MC (mc0:/ for the first MC, and mc1:/ for the second MC) and in the base folder press R1 again and select “mcPaste” to paste the entire folder here (do NOT use “Paste”, while it works for most games, some games like GTA, GT4 will only work if you use mcPaste)
You should see a folder called "BESCES-51719GAMEDATA" (again, name varies for different games) under mc0:/ (you may need to exit this folder and go back again to see it), and if you go into the "BESCES-51719GAMEDATA" folder, you should see the 4 files in there
9) Reset your PS2 and load the game, the game should now load the game save correctly.
You can also reverse this process to copy your game saves from your PS2 MC to your PC
* Program called CDGenPS2 (last version is 3.0 as far as I know), just do a google search and you should be able to find it.
* SYSTEM.CNF file (you can create this yourself in notepad, or use the one attached to this post.
* BOOT.ELF (uncompressed) file inside the uLaunchELF v4.12.zip file, which you can get here.
HOW TO MAKE THE CD
1. Create a new SYSTEM.CNF from scratch using Windows Notepad, or use the SYSTEM.CNF that I attached to this post and edit if necessary. Note that if you make your own from scratch, you have to press the <Enter> key on your keyboard at the end of the last and then save it. I added both NTSC and PAL to the file so it will work in either TV format.
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\BOOT.ELF;1
VER = 1.00
VMODE = NTSC/PAL
2. Open CDGenPS2 and drag the SYSTEM.CNF into the main window of the program
3. Right-click on the SYSTEM.CNF file in CDGenPS2 and select Edit
4. Click on Fix LBA checkbox and enter 12331 in the activated LBA textbox and click OK. Note, that I got this info from the "CD Walkthrough Guide" located here.
5. Drag the BOOT.ELF file into the CDGenPS2 main window, which was taken from the uLaunchELF v4.12.zip file.
6. Click on the VOL button to the left of the main window and give your CD a volume label and click OK. Note that this step is not necessary. Attached is a screen shot of what this should look like.
7. Click on the IMG button to the left of main window, choose what type of image file format you want to save it in (ex: ISO or .BIN file).
8. Burn the image file in your favourite burning software and you're DONE!